Riverdale Avenue, 1886, was late Smith street in 1884 and renamed for Riverdale Park in 1907. The original Riverdale Avenue was laid out opposite Smith Street, west of Broadview in the present Riverdale Park but was not built on.
68 Riverdale is the 1885 designated William and Ada Jeffries House. It is a fine example of the Second Empire style, made popular in Toronto by the architectural firm of Langley, Langley and Burke, who may have designed it. William Jeffries was a furrier cutter. The Jeffries family lived in this house until 1941.
74 Riverdale is the listed 1891 John Benjamin Vick House. It is a fine example of late Victorian architecture with a balcony under the third floor eaves, a feature found in a number of houses of this period in Riverdale.
98 Riverdale was built from designs by Mallory Brothers in 1889 for Noel George Lambert Marshall, 1852-1926 and his wife Harriet Isabel Hogg. Noel Marshall was one of Riverdale’s most illustrious residents. The house is a fine example of late Victorian architecture with a right hand veranda entrance with balcony over, twostorey bays at the front and on the west side, bracketed under the roof, a low arched window in front with stained glass over and originally with a lunette window on the third floor shingled front gable. There were five chimneys with eleven flues.