It was late Logan’s Line, 1884, late Blong Street, 1889. It was named for the Logan family, local market gardeners, for one John Logan, a gardener, 1800-1870. It was Blong Avenue prior to 1887, when Blong replaced Booth Avenue. In 1892 Blong replaced Norfolk Avenue, east off Pape, two north of Queen. Edward Blong belonged to the firm of Thompson, Flanagan and Blong, butchers. There was also Blong and Strachan, real estate.
633-635 Logan Avenue is the most notable of the commercial structures in the Logan Avenue commercial district which flourished between the First and Second World Wars from Withrow Avenue to Riverdale Avenue.