Hamilton Street, 1886, late Harris Street below Kintyre, 1892, is named for William Hamilton Jr., City Councilman, 1865 and Alderman, 1870-1875. It could also have been named for prominent merchants. In 1886 the street ran north from Paul (Kintyre) to Elliott (Dundas) and was not numbered. There were eleven residents on the east side and fifteen on the west side. There was also a public school. Harris Street was a now closed part of Hamilton running north from Queen. It had ten residents on the east side and five on the west side and was not numbered. It may have been for the Harris family. Hamilton Street has a number of notable Victorian homes. It may also have the smallest house in Riverdale.