There was a Second Street south of First. It was in the City Directory in 1892, listed as running from Broadview to Bolton, not built on. From 1893 to 1902 Second Street was listed with the house, barn and fields of Mary Smith, the window of John Smith. She apparently died in 1896 and in 1897 the house was occupied by Edward Smith and from 1898 to 1902 by Edward and Joseph Smith, probably her sons. Second Street was not listed in 1903 when the Smith property became the Broadview Boys Institute.
First Avenue is notable for three churches, the present Chinese Alliance Church, originally First Avenue Baptist Church, 1887, and carefully restored in 2011, St. Ann’s Roman Catholic Church, 1910, facing on Gerrard Street East, but extending to First and with the Rectory on First, and St. Matthew’s Anglican Church, 1890.
First Avenue, east from De Grassi and Tiverton and West Avenue comprise the Riverdale Heritage Conservation District, phase one, 2009.