This street sets a record in Riverdale for the number of names it has born over the years. The building at the northwest corner of Carroll and Matilda was once 18 Matilda Street. It was built in 1909, Charles Herbert Acton Bond, architect, for the Imperial Extract Company, producers of Shirriff Marmalade. In 1926 the factory has its own railway siding. It was off the Canadian Pacific Railway Don Branch that split off the main line near Winchester Street and then came south down the east side of the Don River, ending at Queen Street (research by Derek Bowles).