The first fire hall in Riverdale was Fire Hall No. 12, 1884, on Boulton at Allen Avenue. It was a grand structure with an ornate tower for drying the hoses. In 1874 Boulton Avenue Public School, at Allen, was the location of the first service of St. Matthew’s Anglican Church. There was a number of notable Victorian terrace houses on Boulton north of Dundas. In 1895, 234 Boulton was the grocery store of Hugh Ogilvie and 235 was a confectionary.