Booth is an early residential street running north from the bay, now the industrial area built in the 1920s on the Don River swamplands, to the tracks of the railway through Riverdale. Booth occupies part of the Brown land grant, which was subdivided early by the government. The Blongs were a notable family in the area who survived a number of name moves. They must have exercised some influence to accomplish this. Most street names once lost do not return. In 1886 Thompson, Flannigan and Blong had a butcher business in the St. Lawrence Market. here were a lot of people in Riverdale involved in the meat trade.